USA Federal Government Resources
|Specific emergencies||2012 Hurricane Isaac, 2012 Hurricane Sandy, 2013 Moore (OK) Tornado, 2013 Tornadoes, 2013 Colorado Floods|
|Resource type||Preparing for an emergency, Getting help after an emergency, Recovery, News|
|Resource sub-type||Government Resources (National)|
|Types of emergencies handled||Earthquake; Volcanic eruption; Severe weather; Flooding and tsunami; Wildland fire; Utility disruption; Transportation emergency; Solar storm/EMP attack; Meteorite/space debris; Chemical spill or release; Disease outbreak|
- 1 Governments - State and Local
- 2 News & Updates From Agencies
- 3 Assistance for Individuals
- 4 Assistance for Businesses
Governments - State and Local
Portals for Hurricane Relief
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Internal Revenue Service : Tax Relief in Disaster Situations
- US Department of Agriculture : Hurricane Relief Information
- US Army Corps of Engineers : New Orleans Hurricane Protection System
News & Updates From Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security : Current Month Press Room
- NCUA : News Releases
- Postal Service : Latest News Releases
- Small Business Administration : Current Press Releases
- Keesler Air Force Base, MS
Assistance for Individuals
Federal Resources Management Agency
- FEMA : Hurricane Gustav
- The Disaster Assistance Process for Individuals - pdf and txt guides in English and Spanish
- Flood Insurance Program - Information for homeowners and renters.
- FAQ - General site FAQ.
Register for assistance
- Online Registration - Process explained with links.
- Apply or Review Application - No explanation, just links.
- Phone Registration: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) | TTY 1-800-462-7585 (speech & hearing impaired)
Denials of Assistance
- Determinations - Definitions of the codes in the determination heading of the denial letter.
- Appleal Process
Housing and Urban Development
US Postal Services
- NAIC - National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- PCIAA - Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Hurricane Headquarters 2008 - Insurance tips and related news releases
Home Repair Loans
- GovBenefits.gov: Gustav Benefit Portal - informations for victims and disaster relief workers know about disaster relief programs available: housing assistance, unemployment assistance, physical disaster loans, farm emergency loans.
Assistance for Businesses
Business Information Portal
- Business.gov - more comprehensive list of contact numbers and online resources cleanup information and state business links
Small Business Administration
- SBA Disaster Assistance